The benefits of this are
- You can get started almost immediately because you don't have to create a product, write the sales page, design the website, develop marketing materials, or set up the ordering, billing & delivery system.
- You have almost no investment of time because you don't have to do the customer support or deal with billing or technical issues.
- You have nearly zero risk because you already know the product sells. So if you send visitors you will get paid.
The downside is...After all your hard work of generating traffic to the sales page, you will never see any of those visitors again. Most of them will not buy on their first visit, which means you're losing over 90% of the traffic right off the top. And of the 10% or less that do buy, the product owner will be able to sell to them again, but you will not.
What's the solution?Simply put, you need to capture the name and email of your visitors *before* sending them to the product sales page. This way you can follow up with them and keep sending them back to the sales page to increase your chances of making the sale. And if you're really on top of your game, you'll then send to a pre-sales page in between. Here's what these affiliate marketing strategies will do for you:
- You'll be building your own list of potential customers that you can market to again and again.
- You'll be pre-selling them by providing valuable information and then casually linking to the product sales page in the context of this information.
- A Video Squeeze Page (with video)
- One or more content-rich Pre-Selling Pages
- At least a 5-Part Email Followup Series